Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Retr-oh you shouldn't have!

First of all I'd like to apologise for the lack of posting over the holidays, due to my laptop breaking down. But now all is fixed and well and I'm back with many new ideas for a brand spanking new year! But before all of that I'd like to do a quick post about some of the fantastic vintage inspired gifts I received from friends and family over the holidays.

I've only been vocal about my interests in vintage fashion for a little while now, so it means a lot to me that those nearest and dearest went to the trouble of finding gifts related to an interest of mine which, in all honesty, can be quite a task to buy for if you're not in to it yourself. Here's some of the pictures I've taken for you to look at:


One of the presents I received from my lovely boyfriend . It's a great little book full of pictures of the 50 most iconic outfits from one of fashion's most influential decades. It also has a lot of information on the people that made each look so famous,  from Grace Kelly to Sophia Loren.

Beautiful jewellery from my big sister. Love the bracelet, will go well with so many vintage-style evening dresses. And  the ornamental hair slide will go great in a page boy style!


Amazing Cath Kidson Hand & Nail set from the best friend, no one can deny that Kidson brought chintz -flowery patterns popular in the 50's- roaring back into fashion. Can't wait to try it out! 

Beautiful presents from my little bro. I'd been throwing random hints here and there about needing a compact mirror, you know, to adjust my red lippy while out and about, and I couldn't have chosen a more fabulous one myself. Also,  one of my favourite Benefit Products ever, "Finding Mr. Bright" filled with everything you need for a luminous complexion.

Beautiful hair flowers given to me by one of my flatmates, can't wait to try these with all different pin-up styles for my burlesque dance class, hehe.


Thank you to everyone for all the presents I received over the holidays, they are all gorgeous! I know January isn't exactly the month for splashing out, but if you have a birthday coming up or just want to beat the winter blues with a little "pick me up" present to yourself, hopefully this will keep you inspired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment